Wednesday, 7 August 2013

NYX Round Lipstick in Chaos: Review, Swatch and FOTD

Life is nothing without a little chaos to make it interesting.”  

Thanks to the crazy work schedule and a long distance relationship, I obviously don’t need to add any more chaos to my life, but during my last haul and after swatching what seemed like a sea of lipsticks, I was not able to resist adding NYX Round Lipstick in Chaos to my vanity .




Price: Rs. 250 for 4 gms( the price varies on various websites....I bought it during a sale)

All the lipsticks in this range come in a black and white plastic tube packaging with a clear part at the bottom that shows you the shade. The bottom part showing the shade is quite helpful considering in its absence, the rest of the packaging would have made it a pain to locate the shade you want if you had more of these. The packaging definitely looks and feels a little cheap but then again it is one of the most inexpensive products from NYX so I am ready to ignore this.







The texture of the lipstick is really creamy and moisturising. They slide on the lips like butter and give you a very smooth finish. They do not dry the lips or settle in fine lines. Obviously this creamy texture has its disadvantages…this lipstick bleeds a lot so get hold of a nice lip pencil before you apply these. Also because they are really soft, too much pressure and you will end up with two pieces. I keep them refrigerated and always use a lip brush just to ensure that they stay intact. 

Now to my favourite part…well even though there are a like a zillion shades in this range….me being a red and pink lover picked up Chaos, a cool toned blue based red which has a very faint berry tint to it. It is the perfect shade if you have just ventured into reds because it is not that “in your face” orange based bright red. Though usually blue based shades do not suit medium and dusky complexions, Chaos is an exception just because of the slight berry tint that it has. It will of course look absolutely stunning on girls that have skin tone on the fairer side. I love to wear it with simple eyes and a light wash of peach or pink on my cheeks .






I love the pigmentation of these lipsticks…. well at least for most of the pinks and reds that I tried :P . One swipe and I get an amazing opaque layer of color on my lips. All you girls who have pigmented lips and get annoyed because lipsticks do not show properly on your lips, try the darker shades from this range, I can assure you that you will love it. 

Staying power is not the strongest suit for these lipsticks. They fade within 2-3 hours and just vanish after meals. I also noticed a bit of feathering near the ends...you can actually notice it in swatches as well. Even though the lipsticks feather and don't last long, they leave this really pretty tint behind.

Here are the swatches and how it looks on me :)





Let’s take a quick look at the good and the not-so good things list:

The good things about the product:
  • Creamy and moisturising texture
  • Superb pigmentation
  • Do not dry the lips
  • Do not settle in fine lines
The not-so good things:
  • The packaging looks and feels cheap
  • The lipstick bleeds
  • It is very soft and you need to be careful while using it
  • Staying power is poor
  • Noticeable feathering around the ends
  • Availability
I know the “not-so good things” list is longer than the one that talks about the good things but I absolutely love the shade and how creamy texture. I just wish they had a better staying power, everything else is definitely manageable. 

Have you tried the NYX round lipsticks?
How did you find them?
Any shade suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...